|Product Name||Charlie And The Chocolate Factory|
|Category||Electronics / Photography: A/V Media: Movie / TV|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ B001SHTWS0|
|Price New||8.01 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||6.25 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Run Time||115 minutes|
|Cast||David Kelly, Freddie Highmore, Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, Noah Taylor|
|Run Time||115 minutes|
|Width||5.31 inches (convert)|
|Height||0.51 inches (convert)|
|Length||6.77 inches (convert)|
|Weight||18 hundredths pounds (convert)|
|Run Time||115 minutes|
|Features||Blu-ray, Region-free, UK Import|
|Long Description||Who better to bring Roald Dahl's adored children's story to life than the mastermind behind inventive films like EDWARD SCISSORHANDS and BEETLEJUICE? From Tim Burton's opening shot against Danny Elfman's eerie score this CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY is recognisably darker than the Mel Stuart-directed 1971 version starring Gene Wilder. Though the mysterious chocolate factory has been closed for 15 years, it continues to produce and ship candy all over the world. When a contest promises a tour of the plant to the lucky finders of five golden tickets hidden inside wrappers, no one is more excited than Charlie Bucket, an impoverished boy whose family lives mere steps from the factory. Though he can barely afford even one candy bar, fate intervenes, and Charlie finds the last golden ticket. Joined at the gates by a group of despicable brats named Veruca Salt, Violet Beauregarde, Augustus Gloop, and Mike Teavee, Charlie and his Grandfather venture inside proprietor Willy Wonka's delightful factory for a wild adventure. Each room is a feast for the eyes, and more importantly the taste buds a sugar-coated dreamland where everything is edible. One by one, however, the children meet unfortunate fates, until only Charlie remains in the company of Wonka and his curiously small workers, the Oompa Loompas. Sporting a severe bob, and talking in a high-pitched voice, Depp makes his Wonka even weirder than Wilder's. While Burton adds some amusing contemporary touches (like the musical Oompa Loompa routines), and an elaborate back story, he also preserves the charm of the original book. Overall, Burton's visual innovation succeeds in capturing the vividness of a child's imagination but whether this version trumps the beloved '71 film is for viewers to decide.|
|Similar Items||5051892008921: Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory|
0883929400218: Hugo / Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
0883929332663: Wizard of Oz
0883929270668: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
0883929174423: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
0786936850888: Alice Through the Looking Glass
0786936807127: Alice in Wonderland
0738329230302: Trilogy of Terror
0032429258175: Sleepy Hollow
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.