|Product Name||ATEN RS-232 TO RS-485/RS-422 Reversible Converter IC485S (Off White)|
|Category||Electronics / Photography|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ B000067RAY|
|Price New||19.64 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||24.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||2.5 inches (convert)|
|Height||6.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||9.5 inches (convert)|
|Weight||13.6 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||The IC485S is hardware solutions to the problem of converting signals between two standards. Data transfer can take place at up to 1200m (4000'), over four or two wire cable for full or half duplex, respectively. The converters can handle any RS-485/RS-422 device allowing it to function as a short haul modem or interface converter. Request to send (RTS) selection allows up to 32 receivers to be set up in a multidrop installation, making for a cost effective network configuration. The IC485S is a bi-directional interface converters for RS-232 and RS-485. With the IC-485 series, it provides Point-to-Point, Multidrop and Simplex operations. The IC485S also provides an extra Monitoring function. Two slide switches are used to configure its operation mode, contention control, and assignment of the RS-232. Package Content: 1 x IC485S bi-directional isolated converter, 1 x Power adapter, 1 x User manual, 1 x Warranty registration card|
|Similar Items||7294406923848: Gearmo® Pro 5ft. Usb To Rs485 / Rs422 Ftdi Chip|
0722868159026: Belkin Db9 Female/Db25 Male Modem Cable
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.