|Product Name||Avengers '63, Set 1|
|Category||Electronics / Photography: A/V Media|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ B00004W22H|
|Long Description||Americans tuning into The Avengers in 1966 had never seen a woman on television quite like Emma Peel. But British viewers had. Her name was Cathy Gale (Honor Blackman, the future Pussy Galore in Goldfinger ), ''charming companion'' and, at this point in this classic British series, unofficial partner to gentleman spy John Steed (Patrick Macnee). This boxed set contains six vintage, rarely seen episodes from the series' third season. Two of them are considered by one Avengers Web site to be among the 10 best of the Cathy Gale era. In ''The Nutshell,'' Steed himself is charged with treason when an intruder manages to break into a seemingly impregnable underground security facility and copy secret documents. ''The Gilded Cage'' is solid gold, as Steed and Mrs. Gale bait a criminal mastermind by plotting the heist of $3 million in bullion. Also a keeper is ''The Man with Two Shadows,'' in which Mrs. Gale must determine if Steed is Steed and not his replacement double. ''The Undertakers,'' ''Death of a Batman,'' and ''November Five'' are more uneven, but die-hard fans of this unconventional espionage series will relish the characteristically quirky, convoluted plots and eccentric characters. And Diana Rigg/Mrs. Peel-bias aside, Mrs. Gale cuts quite a formidable figure. At one point in ''The Man with Two Shadows,'' Steed asks her what's for breakfast. She smartly replies, ''Cook it and see.'' --Donald Liebenson|
|Similar Items||9780767047210: The Avengers '68: Set 5|
0733961706536: Avengers '62 - Complete Set
9786305299950: Avengers '67 - Set 3, Vols. 5 & 6
9780767025102: Avengers '64, Set 2
9780767025072: Avengers '64, Set 1
9780767034364: The Avengers - '63 Set 3
9780767034395: Avengers - '63 Set 4
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
- Fixed some bugs
- Added the ability to upload images including rotating them if needed prior to uploading.
- Added a scan history screen. You can review the last few scans you have captured with the barcode scanner. You can configure how many items to keep in the history. (default is 40).
- You can configure the format of the date/time stamp in the history.
- Settings have been activated now that there is something that you can configure.
- Added color icons on the main screen and several other places.