|Category||Electronics / Photography: A/V Media|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 6304711891|
|Price New||5.06 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||1.49 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Long Description||Brigadier General Francis X. Hummel, a legendary military hero, and his crack team of commandos seize control of Alcatraz, taking a group of tourists hostage. They threaten to launch poison gas missiles on San Francisco if their demand of restitution for their families of his men who lost their lives during highly covert military operations are not met. The city's only chance for survival is FBI chemical weapons expert Stanley Goodspeed and a federal prisoner, John Patrick Mason, who also happens to be the only convict known to have escaped the island prison. With the clock ticking, they embark on a desperate bid to sneak into the island and detoxify the weapons before disaster strikes.|
|Similar Items||0043396718890: Air Force One|
0032429274021: Snake Eyes
0024543215684: Negotiator, The
0024543026440: X-Men/Broken Arrow
0024543003526: Special Edition
0012569837683: Fugitive / U.S. Marshals
0012569767522: Tequila Sunrise/Conspiracy Theory
0004339622483: Eight Millimeter/8mm 2
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.