|Product Name||Emigrants / The New Land|
|Category||Electronics / Photography: A/V Media: Movie / TV|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ B0184DLHYC|
|Price New||24.02 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||30.46 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Rating||PG - Parental Guidance Suggested|
|Run Time||393 minutes|
|Cast||Liv Ullmann, Max von Sydow|
|Run Time||393 minutes|
|Width||5.25 inches (convert)|
|Height||0.5 inches (convert)|
|Length||7.5 inches (convert)|
|Weight||30 hundredths pounds (convert)|
|Format||Box set, Color, NTSC, Restored, Special Edition, Subtitled, Widescreen|
|Run Time||393 minutes|
|Long Description||This monumental mid-nineteenth-century epic from Jan Troell (Here Is Your Life) charts, over the course of two films, a poor Swedish farming family s voyage to America and their efforts to put down roots in this beautiful but forbidding new world. Movie legends Max Von Sydow (The Seventh Seal) and Liv Ullmann (Persona) give remarkably authentic performances as Karl-Oskar and Kristina, a couple who meet with one physical and emotional trial after another on their arduous journey. The precise, minute detail with which Troell depicts the couple s story which is also the story of countless other people who sought better lives across the Atlantic is a wonder to behold. Engrossing every step of the way, the duo of The Emigrants and The New Land makes for perhaps the greatest screen drama about the settling of America. DIRECTOR-APPROVED DVD SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES - New high-definition digital restorations of both films - New introduction by critic and Swedish-film expert John Simon - New conversation between film scholar Peter Cowie and director Jan Troell - New interview with actor Liv Ullmann - To Paint with Pictures, a 2005 documentary on the making of the films, featuring archival footage as well as interviews with Troell, Ullmann, producer and coscreenwriter Bengt Forslund, and actor Eddie Axberg - Trailers - New English subtitle translations - PLUS: An essay by critic Terrence Rafferty|
|Similar Items||9780873513227: The Last Letter Home: The Emigrant Novels: Book IV|
9780873513210: The Settlers: The Emigrant Novels: Book III
9780873513203: Unto A Good Land (The Emigrants, Book Ii) (Bk. 2)
9780873513197: The Emigrants: The Emigrant Novels: Book I
9780816646562: A History Of The Swedish People: Volume 1: From Prehistory To The Renaissance
0883316812976: Zandy's Bride
0859686006147: Pelle the Conqueror
0715515058919: Everlasting Moments
0602527349817: Kristina: At Carnegie Hall
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
Due to changes in how codes are sold, we have decided to abandon the old method for associating products to companies and try something new. This change will make it easier to enter corrections for company data as well as making it easier for companies to manage their own product collection.
As a user, you may not notice the changes right away. When you do, you may only think there is a cosmetic change to how the information is presented. But in the background, a great deal of improved logic will exist.
This change is rather substantial in regard to how the data is stored and accessed so it could be a couple weeks before we are finished and make the changes visible to the end users. We simply wanted to let you now that the canges were coming and that with this set of changes more new features are on the way.
Some things that will be changing:
- Companies will no longer have a Company ID that is in any related to the UPC/EAN code. Company ID use to be the first 7+ digits of the product code but that has proven to be a problem since the changes by the GIS on how codes are issued.
- The company edit form will change. We use to allow edits one item at a time but that is going to end. The company edit form will place all fields into one big edit form with only one save button. This may sound like a trivial change and on screen it really is. But in the background this is a very important change and will help make company management a lot easier.
- In the data feed, the company ID will be replaced with a new number. This new number will serve the same function, connecting products to companies but it will function in a much more useful way. We haven't decided if we will call the field the same thing or not yet. The content will change for sure.
- Data downloads will have better company links making it much easier to sort out the company data and link it to products.
- Duplicate company records that use to have different company ID values will get merged together so in the end, each company will only be in the database once. Right now, a company can be listed multiple times because they own multiple prefix codes.
We hope these changes will in the end produce better lookups, faster searches and more meaningful searches. We will use this upgrade to add more features in the future.