|Product Name||Birth Of Flight: A History Of Civil Aviation|
|Category||Electronics / Photography: A/V Media: Movie / TV|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ B004132I3E|
|Long Description||The first motorized flight taken by Orville and Wilber Wright at Kitty Hawk marks the recorded birth of the aviation by man. But for almost 2 centuries before that, man did go airborne with hot air balloons. This stunning documentary starts at the beginning and journeys through modern commercial aviation! 8 episodes on 3 DVDs. 2010/color-b&w/6 hrs., 56 min/PG/fullscreen.|
|Similar Items||9780061143816: In The Cockpit: Inside 50 History-Making Aircraft|
0858693001008: One Six Right
0841887031967: City In The Sky DVD
0827377000507: Legend of Pancho Barnes and the Happy Bottom Riding Club
0089218726896: Aviation - Classic Planes: Rare Aviation Shorts from the Vault
0011301690630: Pan Am The Golden Age of Aviation
0011301650245: Pan Am: The Golden Age of Aviation
0011301640154: America's Legendary Heroes of Aviation - Charles Lindbergh and Howard Hughes - SPECIAL EMBOSSED TIN - 2 DVD Set!
0011301635556: America's Legendary Heroes of Aviation - Howard Hughes and Charles Lindbergh - 2 DVD Set!
View 24 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
Article of interest
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.