|Category||Electronics / Photography: A/V Media: Music|
|Short Description||Height:0.45 inches / Length:5.5 inches / Weight:1 pounds / Width:4.94 inches|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ B0000029AL|
|Price New||9.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||5.32 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||4.94 inches (convert)|
|Height||0.45 inches (convert)|
|Length||5.5 inches (convert)|
|Weight||3.04 ounces (convert)|
|Long Description||No Description Available|
No Track Information Available
Media Type: CD
Street Release Date: 09/07/1993
|Similar Items||0886972422824: Rock In A Hard Place|
0886972368122: Draw The Line
0074645736228: Toys In The Attic
0074645736129: Get Your Wings
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.