|Category||Book / Magazine / Publication|
|Amazon.com||Buy on Amazon ~ 0451161394|
|Price New||12.25 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Price Used||0.99 US Dollars (curriencies)|
|Width||4.3 inches (convert)|
|Height||7 inches (convert)|
|Length||1.1 inches (convert)|
|Weight||10.24 ounces (convert)|
|Binding||Mass Market Paperback|
|Long Description||Staring unflinchingly into the abyss of slavery, this spellbinding novel transforms history into a story as powerful as Exodus and as intimate as a lullaby. Sethe, its protagonist, was born a slave and escaped to Ohio, but eighteen years later she is still not free. She has too many memories of Sweet Home, the beautiful farm where so many hideous things happened. And Sethe’s new home is haunted by the ghost of her baby, who died nameless and whose tombstone is engraved with a single word: Beloved. Filled with bitter poetry and suspense as taut as a rope, Belovedis a towering achievement.|
|Similar Items||9780140019292: The Scarlet Letter (Dover Thrift Editions)|
9780115154249: The Scarlet Letter (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780099744412: Heart Of Darkness (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780099504283: Invisible Man
9780061980268: The Scarlet Letter (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780061120060: Their Eyes Were Watching God
9780060838676: Their Eyes Were Watching God
9780060806200: The Scarlet Letter (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780030098604: The Scarlet Letter (Dover Thrift Editions)
9780007242931: Invisible Man
View 59 more similar items
|Search Google||by EAN or by Title|
The maxicode barcode is identified by the circular bulls-eye in the center and a matrix of circular dots that make up the data. Unlike many of the other 2D barcodes, this symbology uses a hexagonal grid rather than bars or squares.
These symbols are always printed as a 1 inch square often found on shipping packages and can store around 93 characters. If more data is needed, up to 8 codes can be chained together and scanned one after the next. The bulls-eye helps the scanner identify the pattern even when packages are streaming by at speed.
There are several modes that these symbols can use. UPS uses mode 2 and 3 on their packages.
- Mode 0 - Obsolete mode superseded by modes 2 and 3. (Older printers will produce Mode 0 if the firmware is outdated. Mode 0 MaxiCodes can be visually determined by examining the two horizontal hexagons in the upper right-hand corner. They will be white if the Mode is 0. For all other modes, they are black.)
- Mode 1 - Obsolete mode superseded by mode 4.
- Mode 2 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with a numeric postal code. (Primary use is US domestic destinations.)
- Mode 3 - Formatted data containing a structured Carrier Message with an alphanumeric postal code. (Primary use is international destinations.)
- Mode 4 - Unformatted data with Standard Error Correction.
- Mode 5 - Unformatted data with Enhanced Error Correction.
- Mode 6 - Used for programming hardware devices.
If you need to generate your own maxicode barcodes, you can check out the bcgen.com web site.