RPC.IDMAPDSection: Maintenance Commands (8)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMErpc.idmapd - NFSv4 ID <-> Name Mapper
SYNOPSISrpc.idmapd [-v ] [-f ] [-d domain ] [-p path ] [-U username ] [-G groupname ] [-c path ]
DESCRIPTIONrpc.idmapd is the NFSv4 ID <-> name mapping daemon. It provides functionality to the NFSv4 kernel client and server, to which it communicates via upcalls, by translating user and group IDs to names, and vice versa.
The options are as follows:
- Increases the verbosity level (can be specified multiple times).
- Runs rpc.idmapd in the foreground and prints all output to the terminal.
- -d domain
- Set domain to domain This is used internally by NFSv4 and is typically assigned by the system administrator. By default, domain is set to be the FQDN of the host, minus the hostname.
- -p path
- Specifies the location of the RPC pipefs to be path The default value is "/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs".
- -U username
- Specifies the NFSv4 nobody user to be username The default value is "nobody".
- -G groupname
- Specifies the NFSv4 nobody group to be groupname The default value is "nobody".
- -c path
- Use configuration file path
- Client-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS server, even if one is detected.
- Server-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS client, even if one is detected.
EXAMPLESrpc.idmapd -d citi.umich.edu -f -vvv
AUTHORSThe rpc.idmapd software has been developed by Marius Aamodt Eriksen Aq firstname.lastname@example.org .
Return to Main Contents