cupsdSection: Apple Inc. (8)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEcupsd - cups scheduler
SYNOPSIScupsd [ -c config-file ] [ -f ] [ -F ] [ -h ] [ -l ] [ -t ]
DESCRIPTIONcupsd is the scheduler for CUPS. It implements a printing system based upon the Internet Printing Protocol, version 2.1. If no options are specified on the command-line then the default configuration file /etc/cups/cupsd.conf will be used.
- -c config-file
- Uses the named configuration file.
- Run cupsd in the foreground; the default is to run in the background as a "daemon".
- Run cupsd in the foreground but detach the process from the controlling terminal and current directory. This is useful for running cupsd from init(8).
- Shows the program usage.
- This option is passed to cupsd when it is run from launchd(8) or systemd(8).
- Test the configuration file for syntax errors.
/etc/cups/classes.conf /etc/cups/cups-files.conf /etc/cups/cupsd.conf /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.convs /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.types /etc/cups/printers.conf /etc/cups/subscriptions.conf
CONFORMING TOcupsd implements all of the required IPP/2.1 attributes and operations. It also implements several CUPS-specific administrative operations.
EXAMPLESRun cupsd in the background with the default configuration file:
cupsdTest a configuration file called test.conf:
cupsd -t -c test.confRun cupsd in the foreground with a test configuration file called test.conf:
cupsd -f -c test.conf
SEE ALSObackend(7), classes.conf(5), cups(1), cups-lpd(8), cupsd.conf(5), cupsd-helper(8), cupsd-logs(8), filter(7), launchd(8), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), systemd(8), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007-2015 by Apple Inc.
Return to Main Contents