toeSection: User Commands (1)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEtoe - table of (terminfo) entries
SYNOPSIStoe [-v[n]] [-ahsuUV] file...
With no options, toe lists all available terminal types by primary name with descriptions. File arguments specify the directories to be scanned; if no such arguments are given, your default terminfo directory is scanned. If you also specify the -h option, a directory header will be issued as each directory is entered.
There are other options intended for use by terminfo file maintainers:
- report on all of the terminal databases which ncurses would search, rather than only the first one that it finds.
- If the -s is also given, toe adds a column to the report, showing (like conflict(1)) which entries which belong to a given terminal database. An "*" marks entries which differ, and "+" marks equivalent entries.
- Without the -s option, toe does not attempt to merge duplicates in its report
- sort the output by the entry names.
- -u file
- says to write a report to the standard output, listing dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report condenses the ``use'' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that has use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which occur in those use capabilities, followed by a newline
- -U file
- says to write a report to the standard output, listing reverse dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report reverses the ``use'' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that occurs in use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which depend on it, followed by a newline.
- specifies that (verbose) output be written to standard error, showing toe's progress.
- The optional parameter n is a number from 1 to 10, interpreted as for tic(1). If ncurses is built without tracing support, the optional parameter is ignored.
- reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits.
- Compiled terminal description database.
SEE ALSOtic(1), infocmp(1), captoinfo(1), infotocap(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5).
This describes ncurses version 6.1 (patch 20180127).
Return to Main Contents