speedtest-cliSection: User Commands (1)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEspeedtest-cli - Command line interface for testing internet bandwidth using speedtest.net
DESCRIPTIONSpeedtest.net is a web service for testing your broadband connection by downloading a file from a nearby speedtest.net server on the web. This tool allows you to access the service from the command line.
Speedtest mini is a version of the Speedtest.net server that you can host locally.
OPTIONSUsage: speedtest-cli [OPTION...]
- Displays usage for the tool.
- Do not perform download test
- Do not perform upload test
- Display values in bytes instead of bits. Does not affect the image generated by --share, nor output from --json or --csv
- Generate and provide a URL to the speedtest.net share results image, not displayed with --csv
- Suppress verbose output, only show basic information
- Suppress verbose output, only show basic information in CSV format. Speeds listed in bit/s and not affected by --bytes
- Single character delimiter to use in CSV output. Default ","
- Print CSV headers
- Suppress verbose output, only show basic information in JSON format. Speeds listed in bit/s and not affected by --bytes
- Display a list of speedtest.net servers sorted by distance
- Specify a server ID to test against. Can be supplied multiple times
- Exclude a server from selection. Can be supplied multiple times
- URL of the Speedtest Mini server
- Source IP address to bind to
- HTTP timeout in seconds. Default 10
- Use HTTPS instead of HTTP when communicating with speedtest.net operated servers
- Do not pre allocate upload data. Pre allocation is enabled by default to improve upload performance. To support systems with insufficient memory, use this option to avoid a MemoryError
- Show the version number and exit
Automatically find closest server and start testing
Specify testing against server 1491
- speedtest-cli --server 1491
Testing against Speedtest Mini
- speedtest-cli --mini 172.18.66.1
REPORTING BUGSPlease file issues on the Github bug tracker: https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli
AUTHORSThis manual page was written by Jonathan Carter <firstname.lastname@example.org> Speedtest-cli was written by Matt Martz <email@example.com>
Return to Main Contents