PDFTOHTMLSection: User Commands (1)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEpdftohtml - program to convert PDF files into HTML, XML and PNG images
SYNOPSISpdftohtml [options] <PDF-file> [<HTML-file> <XML-file>]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the pdftohtml command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
OPTIONSA summary of options are included below.
- -h, -help
- Show summary of options.
- -f <int>
- first page to print
- -l <int>
- last page to print
- do not print any messages or errors
- print copyright and version info
- exchange .pdf links with .html
- generate complex output
- generate single HTML that includes all pages
- ignore images
- generate no frames. Not supported in complex output mode.
- use standard output
- -zoom <fp>
- zoom the PDF document (default 1.5)
- output for XML post-processing
- -enc <string>
- output text encoding name
- -opw <string>
- owner password (for encrypted files)
- -upw <string>
- user password (for encrypted files)
- force hidden text extraction
- image file format for Splash output (png or jpg). If complex is selected, but -fmt is not specified, -fmt png will be assumed
- do not merge paragraphs
- override document DRM settings
- -wbt <fp>
- adjust the word break threshold percent. Default is 10. Word break occurs when distance between two adjacent characters is greater than this percent of character height.
outputs the font name without any substitutions.
Pdftohtml was developed by Gueorgui Ovtcharov and Rainer Dorsch. It is based and benefits a lot from Derek Noonburg's xpdf package.
This manual page was written by Søren Boll Overgaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
SEE ALSOpdfdetach(1), pdffonts(1), pdfimages(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1), pdftotext(1)
Return to Main Contents