pbmtoljSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: 22 April 2000
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEpbmtolj - convert a portable bitmap into HP LaserJet format
SYNOPSISpbmtolj [-resolution N] [-float] [-noreset] [-packbits] [-delta] [-compress] [pbmfile] [-copies N]
DESCRIPTIONReads a PBM image as input. Produces HP LaserJet data as output.
Note that there is no ljtopbm tool.
- Specifies the resolution of the output device, in dpi. Typical values are 75, 100, 150, 300, and 600. The default is 75.
- Suppresses positioning information. The default is to write the sequence ESC & l 0 E to the output file.
- Prevents pbmtolj from writing the reset sequences to the beginning and end of the output file.
- Enables use of TIFF packbits compression.
- Enables use of delta-between-rows compression.
- Enables use of both TIFF packbits, and delta-between-rows compression.
- Specifies the the number of copies. The default is 1. This option controls the "number of copies" printer control; pbmtolj generates only one copy of the image.
All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix.
AUTHORCopyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer and Michael Haberler. -float and -noreset options added by Wim Lewis. -delta, -packbits, and -compress options added by Dave Platt.
Return to Main Contents