NEWGIDMAPSection: User Commands (1)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEnewgidmap - set the gid mapping of a user namespace
- newgidmap pid gid lowergid count [gid lowergid count [ ... ]]
After the pid argument, newgidmap expects sets of 3 integers:
- Beginning of the range of GIDs inside the user namespace.
- Beginning of the range of GIDs outside the user namespace.
- Length of the ranges (both inside and outside the user namespace).
newgidmap verifies that the caller is the owner of the process indicated by pid and that for each of the above sets, each of the GIDs in the range [lowergid, lowergid+count] is allowed to the caller according to /etc/subgid before setting /proc/[pid]/gid_map.
- List of user's subordinate group IDs.
- Mapping of gids from one between user namespaces.
Return to Main Contents