MOUNTPOINTSection: User Commands (1)
Index | Return to Main Contents
NAMEmountpoint - see if a directory or file is a mountpoint
mountpoint [-d|-q] directory|file
- Show the major/minor numbers of the device that is mounted on the given directory.
- Be quiet - don't print anything.
- Do not follow symbolic link if it the last element of the directory path.
- Show the major/minor numbers of the given blockdevice on standard output.
- Display version information and exit.
- Display help text and exit.
mountpoint has the following exit status values:
- success; the directory is a mountpoint, or device is block device on --devno
- failure; incorrect invocation, permissions or system error
- failure; the directory is not a mountpoint, or device is not a block device on --devno
- enables libmount debug output.
For bug reports, use the issue tracker at <https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux/issues>.
The mountpoint command is part of the util-linux package which can be downloaded from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/>.
- EXIT STATUS
- SEE ALSO
- REPORTING BUGS
Return to Main Contents